Friday, May 13, 2005

My name and other issues

I made the decision when I started blogging not to use my real name. The reason for this is manyfold and I wont bore you with them, but perhaps the most important issue is that I could lose my job for the things I have said in this blog. And while I don't like my job very much it does provide food and shelter for me, and I have come to enjoy those things.

I also made the decision to post my blog on my AIM profile for friends to read, apparently forgetting that some of the people that have my screen name were not my friends. So now these people are plagueing me and forcing me to do something I hate, deleting comments, in order to preserve the anonymity which I have been very careful to maintain.

If someone has a question for me they are free to ask me in private after identifying themselves and I will also be free to answer them. But anonymous posts in my blog comments that reveal personal information that I have worked carefully to hide are unlikely to extract any information from me beyond a sharp reminder that that poster is in fact quite rude. (In case you missed it, this is the sharp reminder. I'm tired.)

If you want to talk, send me an e-mail. If you have a comment on a post, then please feel free to share.

And, I am deliberately not answering your question because I am deeply offended by the manner in which you chose to ask it. You know me, so you know how to contact me, and if you really want to know the answer you can give me a call or send me an IM and I might tell you.

No comments: