Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Orgy University

This article today in Newsweek made me want to gouge my own eyes out with the scissors that are conveniently located on my desk. They are talking about the misconception that college students do nothing but #### like animals. This was never a problem at my school as Playboy consistantly ranks it in the Top 10 least attractive student bodies. (Usually number 2 or 3 because the Drama and Art students save us from being First)

I can't really say why this article bothered me so much, except that maybe none of this is news, nor is any of it important. Maybe it is because it references a book that a old guy wrote about a young girl and that in itself is probably enough to make me feel naseous. I mean I don't think the article is wrong really.

Oral Sex is not sex, lots of hooking up, not a lot of dating blah blah. Maybe it just bothers me because I feel that college is a special place, and that people who aren't in college don't really need to know what is going on there. The second most important thing about college is being able to live your life without your parents. And I think the LAST thing any college student wants is their parents asking them about the "Hook-up" culture on their campus.

Let the kids go at it, they are almost adults, they can take care of themselves now, and if they can't then I'm sure there is still room at the trailer park.

No comments: