Thursday, January 19, 2006

House Leaders

Some bloggers interviewed the three candidates for House Majority Leader today via conference call. The first two interviews with rep Shadegg and Boehner are posted at QandO and you can listen to the audio. They were both interesting and I think you should listen if you care.

Dale at QandO has posted a response to the Blunt interview:

And then there was Roy Blunt.
After spending a half hour listening to him, I
think...let's see...how do I
put this...

I would rather lick
fire ants off a stick than see Roy Blunt as Majority
Leader.
I'm not at the
point of making a firm endorsement of either Reps.
Shaddeg or Boehner, but
the sun will set in a blazing red sky to the east of
Casablanca before I'd
want Roy Blunt as Majority leader.
Excellent! (Emphasis his)

He goes on to describe how Con. Blunt clearly has no understanding of how the blogosphere works, or rather what NOT to do in the blogosphere. This is a sharp contrast to Shadegg who was extremely complimentary to the bloggers on the phone and aknowledged their contribution.

At least now that Shadegg is in the race the republicans can choose something more dignified than a Boner or a Blunt. Though I think in places beyond the house of representatives neither of those are necessarily bad things.

No comments: