Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Learning the hard way

Once, when I was a little girl my mom told me not to touch the iron. Then, she left the room, and I immediately touched the iron. I learned that lesson the hard way, by burning the crap out of my hand.

This week we get to hear about two more kids who have learned their lessons the hard way, and unfortunately not come out the other side.

A young boy in Bejing:

"The children shot the animals with catapults and beat them with wooden
sticks," the agency said. "One of the irritated crocodiles bit Liu's clothes and
dragged him into the water, where he was eaten by a swarm of crocodiles."


And another in Cleveland, who was shot to death while attempting to rob someone.

These deaths are sad, as all deaths are. But... you can't say they didn't have it coming to them.

Remember kids, Thou shalt not Steal and Thou shalt not provoke vicious carnivores.

No comments: